At the height of ski season, the Antlers at Vail hotel (www.antlersvail.com) offers its “Value Vail” package from January 9 to February 10, 2010 with 25% savings off regular prices. Rates for the five-night package start at just $235 per person for four people in a two-bedroom condo – including four-day lift tickets for all four skiers!
10 Freebies in Vail Valley this Winter
The Antlers at Vail hotelâs staff of savvy locals offers ten ideas for enjoying the snow scene â without opening your wallet once:
1. Free culture ââ The Colorado Ski and Snowboard Museum and Hall of Fame features over 1500 pieces of memorabilia celebrating 130 years of Colorado skiing. Admission and 90 minute parking are free. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. http://www.skimuseum.net/index.html
2. Free concerts âThe Street Beat Concert Series features rock, blues and gospel music every Wednesday night. Concerts start at 6 p.m. at Check Point Charlie in Vail Village.
3. Free transportation â the Vail Village shuttle runs throughout the village offering hop on, hop off convenience and easy access to the villageâs numerous shops, restaurants and galleries.
4. Free light show â Thursday Night Lights at Beaver Creek features skiers with glow sticks traversing down the mountain, followed by a fireworks show.
5. Free parking â Guests at the Antlers at Vail hotel can park for free in the hotelâs heated parking garage. Other guest perks include free high-speed internet, free hot chocolate and coffee in the lobby, and free passes to the Vail Athletic Club.
6. Free ice skating – Nottingham Lake in nearby Avon is open to the public for ice skating seven days a week weather permitting. Skating is free, and skate rentals are available for a nominal fee.
7. Free gondola rides â Enjoy the mountain views, on-mountain dining and kidsâ activities at the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola. Starting mid-December and throughout the season, people on foot can ride the gondola for free from 2 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays.
8. Free ski & snowboard competitions â The Session, Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge, American Ski Classic, Malay Day, World Pond Skimming Championships and U.S. World Cup competitions are held throughout the season at Vail and Beaver Creek and are free.
9. Free entertainment â The Helmut Fricker Band performs throughout the season on the Plaza in Beaver Creek on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. and Fridays from 12 to 2 p.m.
10. Free offers â Check the Eagle County web site (http://www.eaglecounty.us/airport/) for the latest deals; recent promotions have included free airline tickets for children traveling with parents and free arrival day lift tickets.
Expect more deals as resorts struggle to get people coming in the doors. This is high end lodging for a very reasonable price.