May 29, 2007
PBS Kids Sprout
Having my daughter home with me gives me all kinds of stuff to keep me entertained. Between Jarrett and Lindsey, most of our tv time involves PBS Kids.
- Jakers - The Adventures of Pigglywinks (love this show)
- Thomas the Tank Engine (Jarrett's favorite)
- Sesame Street and Barney (oldies, but mandatory)
- Berenstein Bears
The really not so good:
- Boobah (makes me want to stick a hot poker in my eye and drown myself in the bathtub)
- Pingu (what is up with squeeking meaningless noises)
- Teletubbies (because Tinky Winky promotes the gay lifestyle according to Jerry Falwell and even if he doesn't, Teletubbies still annoy me to death)
- Gerald McBoingboing (not on PBS, but the most annoying cartoon noises ever)
- The Wonderpets (also not PBS, the lispy annoying voices are almost too much)
Welcome to my world. I work while Lindsey plays in the background and watches PBS Sprout. I sacrifice a lot of potential earning power by choosing not to change jobs and go somewhere that pays more. It lets me go to the condo and telecommute as well as be home when the kids get here. I am only tethered to a DSL line or wirefi hotspot. Today, Lindsey and I went and grabbed our Starbucks (as we always do), got the mail, mailed a package, went by the bank, and hung out. Next week, I am planning to work from the condo. Being able to watch PBS with my kids (even though Erich says the Republicans in Congress want to defund it and kill Big Bird) is probably the coolest thing about life.
Here is a picture of Jake, Jarrett, Lindsey and Jackson. Note that the only reason they aren't fighting over which two get the Xbox360 controls is because Jarrett has the PSP.
Posted by Justin at May 29, 2007 02:57 PM