October 30, 2006
Why I Am Glad I Have a Tivo
I blogged a ton last year about Arrested Development and how disappointed I was that it went off the air. Well, I have a new crop of things in my Tivo and while they don't replace the Bluths, they certainly give me something to do on road trips and in between ski trips.
- Heroes - This show is just awesome. Started this year and every single episode gets better.
- Battlestar Gallactica - Now in its third season. Humans at war against Robots. Hot robots. That look like humans. Only they are robots. Genocide. Secret Tribunals. Death Squads. And awesome special effects... yeah, got all that.
- The Office - Now in its third season. Quirky and off the wall. That is why I like it.
- My Name is Earl - Redneck trying to fix past mistakes because of Karma. Good times.
- How I Met Your Mother - More mainstream than the others, but certainly worth watching. Some good quirks and fun characters.
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - No new episodes for a while, but this literally made me want to pee my pants a couple of times. Favorite episodes include "The Gang Goes Jihad" and "Underage Drinking: A National Tragedy".
That pretty much covers what I Tivo for later viewing. Rumors are Swirling that BSG may move to Monday nights after Heroes on NBC in High Def. That would pretty much be heaven. I take old BSG, Arrested Development, My Name is Earl, and The Office on roadies with me for viewing on DVD in the car with friends. Helps pass the time.
Posted by Justin at October 30, 2006 09:02 PM